80% Lähiopetus, 20% Etäopetus
All learning material is provided in Optima. However, if you are interested in reading more on Constructive Communication you can read: Marshall B. Rosenberg : Rakentava ja myötäelävä vuorovaikutus or Nonviolent Communication - A Language of Life (same book in English)
This course is partly combined with R0238 SWV218SN Project Management and Communication course.
The two courses will be implemented through an interdisciplinary Learning by Development project (LbD) and contact lessons to support client interactions and professional development.
The competence areas are:
• Oral communication skills needed for the workplace: presentations; client interactions;
• Basics of Constructive communication (Nonviolent Communication) as a professional and personal communication method to facilitate, empathetic encounters with clients, self-empathy and self-development.
• Reflective written skills
• Report and academic writing skills
• Intercultural competences
• Group working skills
A detailed evaluation criteria can be found from Optima.
A student should be able to
• communicate orally in workplace and study related dialogues
• produce workplace and study related texts
• use field and study related vocabulary
• be aware of field-related intercultural influences and possibilities
• understand the basics of nonviolent communication
23.09.2019 - 17.12.2019
13.05.2019 - 14.06.2019
20 - 40
Lloyd Bethell, Anu Lindström, Jutta Ollila
Degree Programme in Social Services (SWV2), Laurea Tikkurila
Recognition of prior learning and workplace acquired competences should be discussed with the teacher and then applied for. Suitable compensatory tasks will be developed accordingly.
This is a low-threshold project implemented with local working life service providers
For a 5 credit course you are expected to do 135 hours of work.
3 Credits: Project integration with the R0238 SWV218SN Project Management and Communication course
2 Credits: contact lessons and supportive material