All learning material will be uploaded in Optima.
This course is implemented as a project, which will includes project planning meetings, project implementation and evaluation.
1. Project plan PASS/FAIL
2. Project implementation PASS/FAIL
3. Project evaluation and report PASS/FAIL
01.01.2020 - 31.08.2020
17.01.2020 - 31.01.2020
16 - 28
Emmaculate Tamankag, Anniina Honkonen
The project will be implemented in the greater Helsinki areas during the month of JUNE 2020
1. Sporting Activities
Football for Men ( 4 teams)
Football for women (2 teams)
Rugby (2 teams)
OPen field zumba for men and women
Track and field (Running and long jump for children, 4 X 4 relay for adults)
2. Project Seminar
Knowledge of Chronic diseases
3. Health Checks
Body composition & BMI
Blood pressure and pulse
Total Lung Capacity (PEAK EXPIRATORY FLOW)
4. Wellbeing cultural evening with the theme "HEALTH IS WEALTH"
Degree Programme in Nursing (SNV), Laurea Tikkurila, Sairaanhoitajakoulutus (SHY2), Laurea yhteinen, Terveydenhoitajakoulutus (STY2), Laurea yhteinen
Cooperation with Public and third sector organisations.
1cr = 27hours of student´s workload
5cr x 27 = 135 h
Total amount of hours used for project: 55 hours
Amount of hours for independent work 80 hours
11.2 12:30-15:45 Orientation
18. 2 8:30-11:45 Project Ideation seminar
9.3 12:30-15:45 Presentation of project plans
2. 4 8:30-11:45 Workshop day
6.6. 9-15 Sporting activities.
8.6 9-18 Health checks at Laurea Tikkurila (Group A and B)
10.6 9-18 Health checks at Leppaväärä Library (Group A and B)
17.6 9-18 Health checks at Helsinki Library OODI (Group A and B)
24.6 14-18 Chronic Disease Awareness Seminar at City council house in Helsinki
29.6 8:30-11:45 Final presentation and evaluation of project.
27.8 8:30-11:45 Presenting outcome of project to junior students.
Students will attend project idea seminar, planning, implementation and evaluation of the project
- Students will perform health checks around the Greater Helsinki Area
- Students will assist in coordinating health seminars organized around the Greater Helsinki Area
- Students will produce health promotion leaflets and posters for a given disease
- Students will help in coordinating sporting activities
Project meetings will take place in Laurea-Tikkurila. Implementation of the project will be done in the greater helsinki area including Espoo, Helsinki, Vantaa, Kerava.