20% Lähiopetus, 80% Etäopetus
The materials are online: Jeyarathmm, M. 2008: Strategic Management. Global Media. Van Looy, B., Gemmel, P. & Van Dierdonck, R. 2013: Service Management: An integrated approach. Essex: Pearson Education Limited. Epstein L. 2012: The Business Owner's Guide to Reading and Understanding Financial Statements: How to Budget, Forecast, and Monitor Cash Flow for Better Decision Making. John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated. Vance, David E. 2012: Financial analysis & decision making: tools and techniques to solve financial problems and make effective business decisions. McGraw-Hill.
This study unit has Zoom lectures and there will be also contact days at campus to support the studies. Please see the schedule.
This study unit includes individual work and working in teams.
The learning environment of the study unit is Canvas.
The individual exam of the study unit is made online.
The Business Simulation Game of the study unit is played in teams in competition with other teams.
In this study unit the assessing of the competences will be done by using the criteria set for requirement level II.
To achieve grade 5 student must be able to
• Apply professional concepts expertly.
• Justify activities using research knowledge.
• Work independently and take initiatives in line with objectives. Operations are often flexible, systematic, development-oriented, creative and active.
• Select the appropriate techniques and models for activities, and justify the choices.
• Act in customer-oriented ways and according to the situation.
• Promote group activities.
• Able to critically apply ethical principles in the subject field in one's conduct and tasks.
• Comply with occupational safety instructions responsibly and independently.
To achieve grade 3 student must be able to
• Apply professional concepts systematically.
• Justify, compare and analyse their activities using general guidelines.
• Able to cope independently in different tasks in each operating environment.
• Apply acquired techniques and models diversely.
• Act professionally in customer situations.
• Work in a group in line with objectives.
• Justify their activities in accordance with ethical principles.
• Apply occupational safety instructions in their activities.
To achieve grade 1 (or pass) student must be able to
• Apply most important/individual and appropriate professional concepts, and indicate their familiarity with the knowledge base.
• Comply with rules and instructions, and justify their activities using provided instructions.
• Act appropriately under guidance.
• Use acquired techniques and models.
• Take customers into account in their actions.
• Act as group members.
• Act in accordance with ethical principles.
• Act safely, although activities are often schematic/ experimental/ fumbling/ self-involved.
Students who have failed assignments or examinations required for passing a study unit must supplement or retake their study attainment in a manner and schedule defined by the teacher of the study unit.
12.02.2021 - 31.05.2021
23.11.2020 - 17.12.2020
20 - 40
Laurea Lohja, liko
The study unit corresponds to the requirements of Bachelor's level education.
According to the degree regulations (section 18) “students must be present in the first contact session or notify their teacher in charge if they cannot attend. If they fail to notify the teacher of their absence in the first contact session, their enrolment will be rejected. Another student in the queue may be enrolled in the study unit in the place of the absent student.”
Liiketalouden koulutus (HLF2), Laurea Lohja
The study unit is suitable for exchange students.
One credit equals approximately 26.7 hours of work performed by the student.
Study unit schedule, Week 6-20:
12.02.2021 09.00 - 10.30 Zoom session: Introduction of the study unit.
13.02.2021 - 18.03.2021 Self-study for the individual online exam.
19.03.2021 09.00 - 12.00 Individual online exam.
26.03.2021 12.30 - 15.00 Contact day session at Lohja campus: Business Simulation Game.
09.04.2021 09.00 - 11.30 Contact day session at Lohja campus: Business Simulation Game.
16.04.2021 09.00 - 11.00 Zoom session: Business Simulation Game.
23.04.2021 09.00 - 11.30 Contact day session at Lohja campus: Business Simulation Game.
30.04.2021 09.00 - 11.00 Zoom session: Business Simulation Game.
07.05.2021 09.00 - 11.00 Zoom session: Business Simulation Game.
14.05.2021 09.00 - 11.00 Zoom session: Business Simulation Game.
21.05.2021 09.00 - 11.30 Contact day session at Lohja campus: Closing of the study unit.
Week 6-20. This study unit has Zoom lectures and there will be also contact days at campus to support the studies. Please see the study unit schedule below.