Service Marketing and Selling, 5 ects
15.1.2022 9:00 - 16:30 ZOOM (online)
5.3. 2022 9:00 - 16:30 ZOOM (online)
2.4..2022 9:00 - 16:30 ZOOM (online)
The students will be able to
• explain the evolution of services marketing thought
• identify the strategic approach in service marketing
• establish, maintain and develop customer relationships
• conceptualize and sell services
• map customer service experience for facilitating value creation
“The evaluation of competence is based on the descriptions of objectives in the curricula and the evaluation criteria provided in the study unit’s implementation plan” (Laurea degree regulations).
To achieve grade 5 (excellent) the student must be able to:
- create a consistent framework/knowledge base making use of both national and international scientific sources in a critical analytic fashion. (Knowledge base)
- solve demanding problems in research, development and/or innovation activities where new knowledge and competence is created as well as to apply and combine information from different fields. (Problem solving)
- develop the activities of the competence area in a target-oriented and communal fashion. (Development)
- communicate convincingly both orally and in writing to audiences within and exterior to the field. (Communication)
To achieve grade 5 (good) the student must be able to:
- gather, process, produce and evaluate information critically and widely making use of both national and international scientific sources. (Knowledge base)
- use concepts of the area of expertise fairly. (Knowledge base)
- solve problems in research, development and/or innovation activities by applying and combining information from different fields. (Problem solving)
- create target-oriented, justified development plans considering the community. (Development)
- communicate in a competent, clear and consistent manner both orally and in writing. (Communication)
To achieve grade 1 (satisfactory) the student must be able to:
- gather, process, produce and evaluate information widely. (Knowledge base)
- use concepts of the area of expertise systematically. (Knowledge base)
- solve problems in research, development and/or innovation activities. (Problem solving)
- recognise and analyse focuses of development making use of the knowledge base. (Development)
- communicate clearly both orally and in writing. (Communication)
“Students who has failed to demonstrate their competence in accordance with the approved level must supplement or retake their study attainment in a manner and schedule defined by the teacher of the study unit. Laurea provides examination retake dates. Students must register for these examinations no later than 10 days before the retake date. A failed exam or other study attainment can be retaken twice. A failure to attend an actual examination is considered to be one completion attempt." (Laurea degree regulations.)
All staff and students of Laurea are expected to adhere to good scientific practices, which includes appropriate referencing. Familiarise yourself with the practices and, if needed, ask for more information. All study assignments are to be done as individual work unless otherwise instructed.
01.01.2022 - 31.07.2022
29.11.2021 - 05.12.2021
41 - 50
Korkeakouluyksikkö D /YAMK
Päivi Tossavainen, Virpi Kaartti
The study unit corresponds to the requirements of Master's level education.
According to the degree regulations (section 18) "students must be present for the first contact teaching session, or they must notify the responsible teacher of their absence to confirm they intend to participate in studies, Alternatively, the teacher can specify a different manner for the student to confirm that they intend to participate in the studies. The completion of these measures can be required within a week of the studies having begun. The application of the aforementioned approach requires that the teacher notifies the students accepted to the study unit of the practice and that the practice is specifically mentioned in the study unit’s implementation plan.
If the student has a justified reason for not attending the first contact teaching session or for not notifying the teacher of their intention to be involved in studies in the manner required by the teacher, the student must contact the responsible teacher to agree on participation in the studies. Their registration for the study unit will be rejected, of the student does not notify the teacher of being absent from the first contact teaching session or the reason for their absence cannot be considered justified, Another student who is in line for the study unit can be selected in their place."
Complementary competence, master’s studies in English (CYJ2), Generic studies, Laurea täydentävä osaaminen, yamk-tutkinto (TYJ), Yhteiset opinnot
All students are entitled to demonstrate their competence. The recognition and accreditation of prior competence is initiated by the students themselves. The competence is recognised and accredited by the teacher responsible for the studies or another person designated to the position. The assessment is carried out according to the same assessment criteria and, as a rule, same grading scale as that adopted for the corresponding study unit or module. The student is entitled to apply for accreditation of prior competence regardless of where, how and when the competence has been acquired. The student may also seek accreditation of competence to be acquired on the job as part of their degree (work-based learning). ... The student is responsible for demonstrating and verifying their competence and for providing sufficient information.
Responsible teacher: Virpi Kaartti
One credit equals approximately 26.7 hours of work performed by the student.