Part 1: VULNERABLE GROUPS AND SERVICE INTEGRATION 3 cr
- Teacher: Kati Saarinen and Marina Arvonen
The course includes two Nursing skills theory tests (YleSH) (1. The most common developmental disabilities and disabled patients and 2. Hearing and visual disability). Details related to YleSH- tests are discussed in more detail in the orientation lesson.
Schedules may change, the final schedule will be confirmed at the beginning of the course.
Part 2: DIRECTIVE OF MATERNITY CARE 1 cr
-Teacher Minna Richards
- Implemented as a team assignment, the topics are shared in an orientation lesson
- The presentation should utilize collaborative learning methods
Part 3. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPING IN PRACTICE 11cr (12cr). Those who have already done Directives of Maternity care will be doing 9 weeks of practice. ie 12 credits
STUDY UNIT IS ASSESSED PASS-FAIL
Nursing skills theory tests: Pass-fail
In the evaluation of the study, the criteria by the requirement level II of the competence assessment framework of the bachelor's degree student are used.
See Laurea's assessment framework, requirement level II.
01.08.2021 - 06.02.2022
24.05.2021 - 30.05.2021
20 - 40
Laurea Tikkurila, sote
Eija Söderlund, Marja Tanskanen, Milla Ylitalo, Kati Saarinen, Minna Richards, Marina Arvonen, Pamela Jokisalo, Sanna Kuivalainen
Degree Programme in Nursing (SNV), Laurea Tikkurila
Directive of maternity care 1 cr can be completed in a clinical practice environment.
Part 1. VULNERABLE GROUPS AND SERVICE INTEGRATION 3 cr
- Orientation 19.08.2021 08.30 - 11.45
- Nursing skills theory tests (YleSH) 24.09.2021 08.30 - 11.45
Part 2. DIRECTIVE OF MATERNITY CARE 1 cr
- Orientation 08.09.2021 08.30 - 11.45
- Seminar 27.09.2021 08.30 - 15.45
Part 3. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPING IN PRACTICE 11 cr
- Practice info 13.10.2021 10.00 - 11.30
Part 1: Vulnerable groups and service integration 3 cr = 81h
Part 2: Directive of Maternity Care 1 cr =27 h
Part 3: Clinical practice 11cr (12cr) = 297h (324h)
Part 1. VULNERABLE GROUPS AND SERVICE INTEGRATION
- Identifying factors and situations in life that increase vulnerability (e.g. unemployment, poverty, disability, high need for healthcare services, immigration, and cultural background factors)
- Immigrant service needs and specific health promotion issues
- Service guidance, service needs assessment, and service plan as a working method in nursing
- Peer support organizations
- Special features of interaction and guidance in meeting vulnerable clients
- Group guidance
Part 2: Directive of Maternity Care 1 cr
Part 3: Clinical practice 11cr (12cr)
Those who have already done Directives of Maternity care will be doing 9 weeks of practice. ie 12 credits.
The student is able to - critically evaluate information and justify their actions with science-based knowledge - propose creative solutions at work - promote professional co-operation and enhance customer and partner relationships - act in a manner that promotes the team’s entrepreneurial and responsible approach to work - describe the development of their competence in relation to the learning outcome