60% Face-to-face, 40% Distance learning
The aims of this course are that a student is
- aware of field-related intercultural influences and possibilities
- can demonstrate professional English oral and written communication competences
- can utilise constructive and empathetic dialogue in multicultural encounters
- can implement health promotion concepts for infectious diseases in multicultural situations
This course contains the following:
- Health promotion concepts and prevention and control of infectious diseases from multicultural aspects
- Oral communication skills needed for the workplace
- Written skills necessary for the workplace
- Constructive communication (Nonviolent Communication)
The language learning objectives and evaluation criteria are directly linked to the Common European Framework for languages. In addition, health promotion concepts surrounding infectious diseases are integrated into this communication module and will consist of 50% of the final grade.
Evaluation includes both a written and oral demonstration of skills which are graded 0-5 based on criteria in Canvas
The final grade which will be seen on the student's certificate is made up of 50% communication skills and 50% professional and academic approach to health promotion concepts for infectious diseases in multicultural situations
Personal feedback will be given on the written assignments and the oral demonstration. Deadlines have been stipulated in the assignments. No feedback will be given for assignments returned late.
All reports will be checked for plagiarism. If plagiarism is detected, the report will be failed and will need to be resubmitted. The requirements for assignment returns can be found in the degree regulations.
01.08.2021 - 31.12.2021
24.05.2021 - 30.05.2021
20 - 30
Laurea Tikkurila, sote
Emmaculate Tamankag, Lloyd Bethell
Compulsory attendance of all the lectures is expected (75%)
Attendance is required as the contact lessons are interactive: information is acquired through discussion and activities in the classroom.
Degree Programme in Nursing (SNV), Laurea Tikkurila
5 Cr equals 135 hours of work
Contact lessons: 36 hours
Report; Finding sources; Reading Sources : 93 hours
Presentation preparation: 6 hours
For timetable see lukkari and Canvas.