The aims of this course are that a student is
- aware of field-related intercultural influences and possibilities
- can demonstrate professional English oral and written communication competences
- can utilise constructive and empathetic dialogue in multicultural encounters
- can implement health promotion concepts for infectious diseases in multicultural situations
This course contains the following:
- Health promotion concepts and prevention and control of infectious diseases from multicultural aspects
- Oral communication skills needed for the workplace
- Written skills necessary for the workplace
- Constructive communication (nonviolent communication)
The language learning objectives and evaluation criteria are directly linked to the Common European Framework for languages. In addition, health promotion concepts surrounding infectious diseases are integrated into this communication module and will consist of 50% of the final grade.
Evaluation includes both a written and oral demonstration of skills which are graded 0-5 based on criteria in Optima
The final grade which will be seen on the student's certificate is made up of 50% communication skills and 50% professional and academic approach to health promotion concepts for infectious diseases in multicultural situations
Personal feedback will be given on the written assignments and the oral demonstration.
01.08.2020 - 31.12.2020
18.05.2020 - 24.05.2020
Laurea Tikkurila, sote
Jarmo Mikkonen, Marja Tanskanen
Degree Programme in Nursing (SNV), Laurea Tikkurila
Possibly we can do a small Lbd project in the service center.( the city of Vantaa).
Timetable is there in Pakki and Optima/Cnavas space.
5 Cr equals 135 hours of work
Contact lessons 44 hours
Reading of study material 41 hours
Presentation preparation 10 hours
Writing learning diary 20 hours
Writing essay 20 hours
Third sector actors in Finland actor(voluntary organisations, NGOs, non-profits)
In this task you will study the so-called third sector in Finland: Who the actors are, what is their purpose, who finances them? You will study and learn about various third sector organisations.
Choose an organisation from the third sector. Then, desribe its functions, clientele, work of the staff and financing. On the basis of the information you have acquired, create a Powerpoint presentation that you will present to your peers in the classroom.
Examples of organisations you can study:
Finnish Association for the Welfare of Older People
Finnish Red Cross Blood Service
Family Federation of Finland
Mannerheim League for Child Welfare
This course also includes infectious diseases, so we also study infectious diseases in this course.
Laurea Tikkurila, Autumn 2020