All learning material is provided in Canvas.
The competence areas are:
• Oral communication skills needed for the workplace: presentations skills; client interactions;
• Basics of Constructive communication (Nonviolent Communication) as a professional and personal communication method to facilitate empathetic encounters with clients as well self-empathy and self-development.
• Reflective written skills
• Report and academic writing skills
• Intercultural competences
• Group working skills
• Field-specific vocabulary
A detailed evaluation criteria can be found from Canvas.
A student should be able to
• communicate orally in workplace and study related dialogues
• produce workplace and study related texts
• use field and study related vocabulary
• discuss field-related intercultural influences and possibilities
• express the basics of nonviolent communication
There is an attendance criteria of 70% of the contact lessons.
All assignments and attendance criteria need to be met and completed successfully to pass the course.
Personal feedback will be given on the written assignments and the oral demonstration. Deadlines have been stipulated in the assignments. No feedback will be given for assignments returned late.
All written assignments will be checked for plagiarism. If plagiarism is detected, the report will be failed and will need to be resubmitted. The requirements for assignment returns can be found in the degree regulations.
30.09.2022 - 31.12.2022
23.05.2022 - 15.08.2022
10 - 40
Laurea Tikkurila, sote
Degree Programme in Social Services (SWV2), Laurea Tikkurila
Recognition of prior learning and workplace acquired competences should be discussed with the teacher and then applied for. Suitable compensatory or supplementary tasks will be developed accordingly.
For a 5 credit course you are expected to do 135 hours of work.
An in-depth workload will be supplied in the Canvas workspace
There will be 44 hours of contact lessons