Futudemy Hackathon breaks silos between industries, business, design and technology to teach innovation and use of data, smart technologies and APIs as key ingredients to innovate better experiences and solutions to business and societal problems. This course is suitable for all bachelor's programs.
All industries, even the most traditional and human-centric are becoming more data- and digitally driven, while professionals from silos need to be able to work together to solve new problems, often with new technology and data that they’ve never even heard of.
- Business professionals need more understanding on digital and data solutions and business models.
- IT professionals need more experience on how to solve business problems with data and technology.
- Service designers need to include data, AI-based solutions, automation and even smart devices from washing machines to smart buildings to the customer journeys.
- Industry specialists from hospitality, security, nursing, and others need to be involved in the development of their industry, customer experience and practices.
This course is based on Futudemy, a unique idea development concept created by Osaango Oy. The hackathon-style course features 4 x 2h Futudemy sessions, where you’ll generate new business ideas based on data and APIs (application programming interfaces, essential to using data and smart technologies) together with other students, partners and mentors, such as Cisco.
Outside of the sessions you will have time to develop the ideas further while learning how to combine service design and business ideas with data, APIs and technology.
The data-driven business ideas can fit into any of the following themes: Healthcare & Social services, Security and risk management solutions, Experiences design, Information technology and cyber security or Legal design.
01.02.2022 - 13.03.2022
29.11.2021 - 06.02.2022
0 - 30
Korkeakouluyksikkö D, Verkkokampus, liko
The study unit corresponds to the requirements of Bachelor's level education.
According to the degree regulations (section 18) "students must be present for the first contact teaching session, or they must notify the responsible teacher of their absence to confirm they intend to participate in studies, Alternatively, the teacher can specify a different manner for the student to confirm that they intend to participate in the studies. The completion of these measures can be required within a week of the studies having begun. The application of the aforementioned approach requires that the teacher notifies the students accepted to the study unit of the practice and that the practice is specifically mentioned in the study unit’s implementation plan."
If the student has a justified reason for not attending the first contact teaching session or for not notifying the teacher of their intention to be involved in studies in the manner required by the teacher, the student must contact the responsible teacher to agree on participation in the studies. Their registration for the study unit will be rejected, of the student does not notify the teacher of being absent from the first contact teaching session or the reason for their absence cannot be considered justified, Another student who is in line for the study unit can be selected in their place."
Complementary competence, bachelor’s studies in English (CCH2), Business, administration and law
Laurea Virtual Campus
This course is provided by Osaango Oy. In this course you will have technology companies as mentors, such as Cisco.
- This is a remote course facilitated on the Futudemy platform.
- You will receive further information on self-studies during the first session.
- During the sessions you will work in teams - the groups will be formed at the beginning of the first session, so you don’t need to have a group when joining the course.
Due to the nature of the learning experience, attending the live sessions is mandatory.
1. Introduction, teaming up & generating future ideas: 8.2.2022 at 16:00-18:00
2. Fueling your idea with data, APIs and technology:15.2.2022 at 16:00-18:00
3. How to lift your idea off the ground: 1.3.2022 at 16:00-18:00
4. What makes your idea future-proof: 8.3.2022 at 16:00-18:00
According to the degree regulations (section 18) “students must be present in the first contact session or notify their teacher in charge if they cannot attend. If they fail to notify the teacher of their absence in the first contact session, their enrollment will be rejected. Another student in the queue may be enrolled in the study unit in the place of the absent student.”
The study unit is suitable for exchange students.
This is a 2ECTS course.
[This field is not used at Laurea.]
The course will be evaluated with a pass / fail grade.