Background materials (reading material and videos) in Canvas.
Contact days before (15.10. in Zoom 9-12, and ONE full contact day either 5.11. OR 12.11. in Zoom at 9-15, mornings together with returning exchange students) and half a day after the exchange (Autumn 2021), details will be informed to all participants after the exchange application process is over. Assignments in Canvas during the exchange to be done with a designated pair or group.
01.10.2020 - 31.12.2021
01.10.2020 - 14.10.2020
1 - 50
Palveluyksikkö, Leppävaara (not translated)
Riikka Lindholm, Susanna Ahonen-Coly, Anna Joutsijoki
The study unit is compulsory for all students going for study exchange during spring 2021, and optional for Master's students and those going for a traineeship abroad due to the timing of the assignments. The study unit is compulsory for traineeships happening through Laurea's partner universities.
The idea of the study unit is to support the exchange process as well as help students understand the competences they develop during their time abroad.
Content of the study unit:
• Managing practicalities related to studies/traineeship abroad
• Recognising and developing international competences through international experience
• Developing intercultural communication competences
• Networking and sharing experiences with others
After completing the study unit student is able to:
• Arrange practical things related to his/her studies/traineeship abroad
• Recognise his/her international competences and to develop them further
• Develop coping and adaptation skills for intercultural interactions
• Develop basic tools for cultural adjustment
Laurea täydentävä osaaminen, amk-tutkinto (TOY2), Yhteiset opinnot
Laurea Virtual Campus
Compulsory practical orientation for all: 15.10. in Zoom 9-12
One day of the following, student can choose which one to join:
5.11. at 9-15 in Zoom
12.11. at 9-15 in Zoom
The study unit is approved when student has participated to all compulsory meetings before and after exchange (or returned a written assignment to compensate the days) and has returned the assignments during exchange as instructed in Canvas.