- Health care act’s obligations and nurse's role in evidence-based activities
- The links between evidence-based actions, theory, research and practice
- Evidence based knowledge, client as a producer of information and utilizing different forms of information in client situations
- Decision-making process in nursing. Planning, implementation and evaluation of evidence-based nursing care.
- Knowledge and core concepts produced by nursing science as the basis for nursing.
- Use of the most common databases in health sciences
-Information search targeted at a phenomenon or problem in nursing and forming clinical research questions: For example, PICO/PICoa/PCC, mind map or other chosen method
- Reading and utilising scientific publications
- Identifying the main features and stages of the research process and understanding their significance
- Basic philosophical principles of nursing and basic concepts of ethics
- Values, principles and ethical guidelines of nursing.
- Autonomy and self-determination.
- Human dignity and human rights.
- Identification and management of ethical problems
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Planning and evaluation of communication
- Argumentation and presentation skills
- Basic academic writing skills, presenting and summarizing research information
- Co-writing, use of communication technology
01.08.2021 - 31.12.2021
24.05.2021 - 30.05.2021
20 - 30
Laurea Tikkurila, sote
Emmaculate Tamankag, Hannamari Talasma, Lloyd Bethell, Monika Cseh, Riikka Mulder, Mikko Harju
Degree Programme in Nursing (SNV), Laurea Tikkurila
Check the exam date from Pakki. The exam can be repeated twice, meaning that there is the original exam date + 2 re takes.
In accordance with Section 18 of the Degree Regulations, “the student must be present at the first contact or inform the teacher in charge of his / her absence. Registration will be rejected if the student does not report his / her absence from the start of the Study. He can be replaced by the next student in the queue. (Laurea's degree regulation.) Virtual implementations may require other forms of demonstration of activity to confirm the location within a week of the start of implementation (Decision 7/2019 of the Vice-Rector for Education). "
1 cr = 27 hours of student workload
3 cr = 71 hours
Evidence based nursing 2cr Emma Tamankag
Communication skills 1cr Lloyd Bethell
Information retrieval 0 cr Monica Cseh
NOTE: The implementation includes workshops on ethics.
contact lessons in Tikkurila
Zoom lectures ( if needed)
The student is able to: PROFESSIONAL DATABASE, INFORMATION SEARCH AND REPORTING: - use key professional concepts to explain different work practices and situations - search for information from different sources - reporting PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND WORK LIFE DEVELOPMENT: - act under the guidance when using the skills and methods studied - work with customers and/or clients/cooperating partners - receive guidance TEAMWORK SKILLS, LEADERSHIP AND RESPONSIBILITY: - act as a member of the group - plan the progress of your own work and time management - operate safely and in accordance with professional principles - follow the instructions and rules given
The student is able to: PROFESSIONAL DATABASE, INFORMATION SEARCH AND REPORTING: - use professional concepts consistently when explaining different work practices and situations - compile information and make use of its knowledge base - report as agreed PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND WORK LIFE DEVELOPMENT: - act using the skills and methods learned - work professionally with customers and / or cooperating partners and identify their needs - participate in and make use of guidance TEAMWORK SKILLS, LEADERSHIP AND RESPONSIBILITY: - work purposefully in a group - plan and manage the progress and use of your own work - identify security risks - justify their action in accordance with professional ethical principles
The student is able to: PROFESSIONAL DATABASE, INFORMATION SEARCH AND REPORTING: - use a variety of professional concepts - compare and select appropriate information - report and communicate professionally PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND WORK LIFE DEVELOPMENT: - act independently using learned skills and methods - take responsibility for working with the customer and / or cooperating partners,and meeting their needs - anticipate their guidance needs - promote the group's activities and atmosphere through its activities - manage their time management by performing the agreed tasks at the level of quality required at work TEAMWORK SKILLS, LEADERSHIP AND RESPONSIBILITY: - act responsibly and apply the skills and methods learned - plan and evaluate its activities taking into account safety and / or ethical considerations