Professional Development in Practice 2. SH00BS87-3031 01.08.2023-31.12.2023 10 credits(SHB223KA)+-
Learning outcomes of the course
The student is able to
- apply their knowledge of the most common internal medicine and infectious diseases in nursing
- recognise the health risks of theirpatients and give early support for those who need it
- use different patient-oriented guidance methods to support clients’ resources in self-care and life-style habits
- utilise the most common treatment and guidance methods used in the treatment of patients with internal medicine and infectious diseases and to safely implement treatment and monitoring
- plan, implement and assess the treatment of a patient's pain
- plan, implement and evaluate the treatment of a chronic wound
- recognise a patient at risk of malnutrition and propose methods of nutrition therapy to improve the patient’s nutritional status
- prepare and guide clients in most common imaging examinations
- justify the use of the most common medications and drug classifications in treating patients with internal medicine and infectious diseases and assess the effectiveness of medication treatment
- safely administer basic vaccines
- prevent and control infections in their working environment, taking the needs of different patient groups into account
- assess the patient care from the patient and occupational safety perspectives and promote patient safety at all stages of the care
- engage in multiprofessional interaction and cooperation in nursing care of patients with internal medicine and infectious diseases
Prerequisites and co-requisites
The student has actively participated in the study unit "Medication Treatment and Medication Calculations 2." and has passed the medication calculations prior to the clinical practice placement starts.
Theme: Treatment of patients with internal medicine or infectious diseases, resource-based patient guidance.
LbD assignment during placement: Evidence-based nursing/Searching for information targeted at a phenomenon or problem in nursing work and formulation of clinical research questions:
- For example, PICO/PICoa/PCC, mind map or other chosen method.
- Searching and summarising research data.