The following books can be used as a reference throughout the course. These books are available as e-books via Laurea's library service: MEAN web development Haviv, Amos Link to electronic version (EBL):http://www.laurea.eblib.com/patron/FullRecord.aspx?p=1706428
Course is taught in finnish only.
During this course students will be introduced to the landscape of server-side web development technologies in a practical approach. Guided workshops will lead students to implement scripts that interact with databases and cloud based services.
Evaluation will be based on:
- Programming tasks
- Exam covering the student's conceptual understanding of the techonologies and techniques learned during the course.
30.10.2018 - 21.12.2018
14.05.2018 - 14.06.2018
0 - 30
The students should have completed the following courses or have corresponding skills on the following subject areas:
- Basics of programming
TON2 Laurea täydentävä osaaminen (amk-tutkinto), Tietojenkäsittely ja tietoliikenne (ICT)
Independent studying is possible by completing the final exam and returning the designated programming exercises.
Course contents and independent exercises require students to study also outside contact sessions.
- fundamentals of MEAN stack
- install and configure a MEAN stack development environment
- design, develop and implement Node.js web applications
- implement server-side web scripts using Express.js framework
- implement server-side web scripts that interact with a relational and/or NoSQL database