The materials are online: Jeyarathmm, M. 2008: Strategic Management. Global Media Van Looy, B., Gemmel, P. & Van Dierdonck, R. 2013: Service Management: An integrated approach. Essex:Pearson Education Limited. Epstein L. 2012: The Business Owner's Guide to Reading and Understanding Financial Statements : How to Budget, Forecast, and Monitor Cash Flow for Better Decision Making. John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated. Vance, David E. 2012: Financial analysis & decision making: tools and techniques to solve financial problems and make effective business decisions. McGraw-Hill.
This course is an online course. However, there will be Zoom lectures to support the studies. Please study the schedule below.
The individual exam of the course is made online.
The Business Simulation Game of the course is played in teams in competition with other teams.
BACHELOR'S DEGREE INITIAL STAGE STUDENTS
Students are able to:
• Apply professional concepts expertly.
• Comply with occupational safety instructions responsibly and independently.
• Justify activities using research knowledge.
• Work independently and take initiatives in line with objectives. Operations are often flexible, systematic, development-oriented, creative and active.
• Select the appropriate techniques and models for activities, and justify the choices.
• Act in customer-oriented ways and according to the situation.
• Promote group activities.
• Able to critically apply ethical principles in the subject field in one's conduct and tasks.
Students are able to:
• Apply professional concepts systematically.
• Apply occupational safety instructions in their activities.
• Justify, compare and analyse their activities using general guidelines.
• Able to cope independently in different tasks in each operating environment.
• Apply acquired techniques and models diversely.
• Act professionally in customer situations.
• Work in a group in line with objectives.
• Justify their activities in accordance with ethical principles..
Students are able to:
• Apply most important/individual and appropriate professional concepts, and indicate their familiarity with the knowledge base.
• Act safely, although activities are often schematic/ experimental/ fumbling/ self-involved.
• Comply with rules and instructions, and justify their activities using provided instructions.
• Act appropriately under guidance.
• Use acquired techniques and models.
• Take customers into account in their actions.
• Act as group members.
• Act in accordance with ethical principles
16.09.2021 - 16.12.2021
24.05.2021 - 30.05.2021
20 - 40
Korkeakouluyksikkö D, Otaniemi, liko
Liiketalouden koulutus (HLG2), Laurea Otaniemi, Finnish
Laurea Virtual Campus
For exchange students, it’s possible to join this course online.
Course day Thursday, time 9-11.30 (exception week 41)
Week 37 Zoom meeting on Thursday 16.9 at 9-11.30. Introduction of the course.
Week 38 Self-study for the individual online exam.
Week 39 Self-study for the individual online exam.
Week 40 Self-study for the individual online exam. DL of team formulation (Canvas).
Week 41 Zoom meeting on (please note!) Wednesday 14.10 at 9-11.30. Individual registration for the Business Simulation Game OnService. Practice round(PR) 1 starting.
Week 42 Individual online exam on 21.10 at 9-10.30. PR1 decisions to be saved by the DL. PR 2 starting.
Week 43 PR2 decisions to be saved by the DL. Round(R)1 of the actual game starting. Team strategy to be formulated (Canvas).
Week 44 Zoom meeting on 4.11 at 9-11.30. Discussions of the game. R1 decisions to be saved by the DL. R2 starting. R1 report (report 2) to be saved by the beginning of the following week (Canvas).
Week 45 R2 decisons to be saved by the DL. R3 starting. R2 report (report 3) to be saved by the beginning of the following week.
Week 46 R3 decisions to be saved by the DL. R4 starting. R3 report(report 4) to be saved by the beginning of the following week.
Week 47 R4 decisions to be saved by the DL. R5 starting. R4 report(report 5) to be saved by the beginning of the following week.
Week 48 R5 decisions to be saved by the DL. R6 starting. R5 report (report 6) to be saved by the beginning of the following week.
Week 49 R6 decisions to be saved by the DL.
Week 50 R6 report (report7), Final report and individual team work (P2P) evaluation to be saved.
Week 37-50, course day Thursday (Zoom meetings), time 9-11.30.
Zoom meetings: Please study the schedule below.