Engaging Through Environmental Psychology (5 cr)
28.11.2022 - 04.12.2022
24.01.2023 - 22.03.2023
Number of ECTS credits allocated
Mode of delivery
Korkeakouluyksikkö D, Tikkurila, liko
Laurea Virtual Campus
40 - 50
- Complementary competence, master’s studies in English (CYJ2), Generic studies
- Complementary competence, Master’s studies (TYJ), Generic Studies
- Kaisa Airo
Teacher in charge
- Avoin AMK (Size: 50. Open UAS: 50.)
CYJ23KJComplementary competence (master’s studies in English), K23, Generic studies
TYJ23KJTäydentävä osaaminen (yamk-tutkinto), K23, yhteiset opinnot
- Avoin AMK
Student is able to:
- Analyse locations and spaces from the perspective of environmental psychology
- Apply means of nudging through spatial planning
- Apply the principals of environmental psychology in spatial planning
- Design socially, economically and ecologically sustainable facilities
The study-unit is conducted in online international environment, but students will observe physical spaces in their own location.
Co-operation with working life and/or RDI
The students will work in EU-project "Kokemusten talo" - House of experiences. Their development task is to evaluate experience spaces based on environmental psychology. They will find ways to improve the usability of certain space-category and identify factors of spatial engagement.
Forms of internationality
The study unit is conducted completely online and in international environment.
Content and scheduling
The course will introduce the student to individual experience of space. It will cover topics such as development psychology, multisensory experience, culture and history of spaces, socio -architectual development, and validation of city scape. The course will look at the interaction between people and natural/built environment. In addition it will highlight the means to support user experience and behavior in built environment.
During the first lecture we will look at different ways of defining experience
Second phase will look at the multifaced history of environmental psychology
And the las phase will concentrate to student presentations.