Shoemaker D. and Conklin, A. Cybersecurity: The Essential Body of Knowledge (framework of the study unit) Newhouse W., Keith S., Scribner B., & Witte G. National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) Cybersecurity Workforce Framework. https://doi.org/10.6028/NIST.SP.800-181 Other complementary materials in Canvas
This implementation offered for students of Safety, Security and Risk Management, implementation in English.
Study unit includes 5 modules:
1. Introduction, Cybersecurity Framework used in studies
2. Protecting information
3. Protecting against Human Threats
4. Protecting IT-systems and networks
5. Hot topics & summary
Study unit includes contact and virtual studies & assignment, guest lectures and workshops and virtual learning
Canvas is used in communication
Tutoring is available in Canvas..
All materials are in English.
- This study unit is preferably offered for Turvallisuus ja riskienhallinta / Security, safety and risk management students as compulsory studies (group HRA220SA) and other students are eligible to be enrolled in case of free seats
- If you are not security management student, please review study unit R0318 Introduction for Information Security
Evaluation is based on points from assignments and exams (max 100 points)
09.01.2021 - 31.05.2021
23.11.2020 - 29.11.2020
20 - 30
Laurea Leppävaara, service
Seija Tiainen, Rauno Hammarberg
Degree Programme in Safety, Security and Risk Management (HRA), Laurea Leppävaara
Students are going to participate ECHO Cyber Morning seminar and Guest lectures
Every module starts with contact or virtual lesson. Modules include virtual & other individual studies, self studies with videos & written material, online exams, applying assignments and reflections. All exams & assignments must be done beforel deadline, not late returns are accepted. Final exam will end the study unit.
5 credits = 135 h
1: 50-59 points 2: 60-69 points
3: 70-79 4: 80-89