An online course that a student can complete at their own speed. The course consists of five different modules, the tasks of which are mainly done on the Canvas learning platform.
After the Canvas section, the student will do a small development task related to their own business idea or existing business. If the student does not yet have his or her own business idea, the development task is related to the development of his or her own entrepreneurial competence.
No exam, assignments are done on the Canvas platform, followed by a final discussion with the teacher.
01.01.2021 - 31.07.2021
23.11.2020 - 29.11.2020
Korkeakouluyksikkö D /YAMK
Complementary competence, master’s studies in English (CYJ2), Generic studies
Laurea Virtual Campus
- Future Working Life (1 cr) This module introduces the main forces of change in working life and especially its entrepreneurial nature. Student will become familiar with the diversity of entrepreneurship and will gain a comprehensive understanding of different forms of entrepreneurship and their challenges.
- The identification your own competence (1 cr) This module challenges the student to consider and identify his or her own competence and to compare it with the competence needed in future working life. After this reflection, the student will have a clear picture of what competencies should be developed on a personal level in order to enable the desired career path.
- Pricing of your own competence (1 cr) This module helps the student to understand the importance of personal hourly accounting and invoicing as part of the pricing of your own competence. The aim of the module is to provide very practical exercises for calculating the hourly rate of for your own competence.
- Commercialization of your own competence (1 cr) This module introduces the basics of sales work. Students will understand the importance of sales work in terms of being an entrepreneur and will learn to perceive their own abilities in a possible sales or customer service situation.
- Accounting (1 cr) This module helps the student to understands the basics of accounting. Based on this module students will be able to do basic accountings themselves.