Materials will be provided by the teachers and shared via Optima.
1. Finnish 2,5 op Kristiina Kuparinen
2. Theory of clinical skills 1 op Riikka Mulder, Marja Tanskanen
3 Simulations in Finnish 1,5 op Kristiina Kuparinen, Riikka Mulder, Marja Tanskanen
4. Clinical practise 5 op Kristiina Kuparinen, Riikka Mulder, Marja Tanskanen
Each simulation will have criteria of its own both in terms of clinical and in Finnish skills. The criteria of each simulated theme will be discussed with the course participants before simulations. The criteria will also be available for the students in Optima before the simulation.
01.08.2020 - 31.12.2020
18.05.2020 - 24.05.2020
10 - 20
Laurea Tikkurila, sote
Kristiina Kuparinen, Marja Tanskanen, Riikka Mulder
Degree Programme in Nursing (SNV), Laurea Tikkurila
NB! Do attend the orientation ensure your place on the course!
Each week of simulations (5 cr.) will have a theme of its own to support your next clinical placement. Each theme consist of preparatory lectures of clinical skills and Finnish accordingly. Attendance in preparatory lessons is essential in order to succeed in the simulations. The themes are:
- Guiding a patient with suspected DM
- Monitoring the patient's status (ISBAR/ABCDE)
- Medication and medical calculations
- Simulations planned by the students according to their interests and experiences
- Internal medicine
- Treating perioperative pain
Next 5 cr. will consist of clinical practice supported by the teachers.
Contact lessons and simulations timetable will be available in Pakki.