Recommended literature will be provided in the beginning of the study unit.
In this study unit a combination of lectures, individual activities and assignments are used. All parts of the study-unit are compulsory.
Assessment : passed/failed
07.01.2019 - 31.05.2019
27.11.2018 - 09.12.2018
15 - 35
Laurea university of applied sciences
The course is open to all students
Complementary competence (bachelor’s studies), Generic studies
This course can be completed in English or Finnish
The course is deeply integrated in working life.
After finishing the course the student:
- is familiar with business culture and work ethics (rules and opportunities, the principles and routines of the business life.
- can acquire, develop and put into practice key transversal skills for the working life (transversal competencies)
The course has been developed in collaboration with international university partners. International students participate in the course.
The course value is five credits (5ects). One credit corresponds 27h of work. Completing the course requires appr. 130 work hours.
The prime objective of this online course is improving students’ and graduates’ employability by fostering their understanding of work environments, and facilitating their acquisition of career development skills and working life competences.These are understood to be the set of employability skills that allow students and recent graduates, as future employees, to become effectively and efficiently integrated into an established working group, and to contribute to the company goals such as: positive attitude and initiative; communication and interaction; teamwork and collaboration; critical and analytical thinking; creativity and innovation; perspective to digitalization.
With these core competences in mind, the V-Tours Course on Business Culture includes ten lessons which are structured around 4 themes:
1. Me as an employee: Coaching for young professionals; Global mindset for global employees; Personal branding in the workplace
2. Organizational culture: Culture in your organization; Roles and tasks; Useful competences within a company; Social Media rules in work-life
3. Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability
4. Re-thinking approaches to work life: Fostering critical and creative thinking; Future orientation
Students are free to complete the course according to their own timetable between January and May 2019.
The assessment criteria will be presented in the beginning of the course