34% Face-to-face, 66% Distance learning
Background materials in Optima.
Contact days before (5.11. in Leppävaara OR 8.11. in Tikkurila and 12.11. in leppävaara) and after the exchange (Autumn 2019), times will be informed to all participants in the beginning of the Autumn semester. Assignments in Optima.
01.10.2018 - 30.11.2019
14.05.2018 - 04.11.2018
0 - 150
Laurea Yhteinen (not translated)
Riikka Lindholm, Susanna Ahonen-Coly
The study unit is compulsory for all students going for study exchange, and optional for Master's students and those going for a traineeship abroad due to the timing of the assignments. The idea of the study unit is to support the exchange process as well as help students understand the competences they develope during their time abroad.
Content of the study unit:
• Managing practicalities related to studies/traineeship abroad
• Recognising and developing international competences through international experience
• Developing intercultural communication competences
• Networking and sharing experiences with others
After completing the study unit student is able to:
• Arrange practical things related to his/her studies/traineeship abroad
• Recognise his/her international competences and to develop them further
• Develop coping and adaptation skills for intercultural interactions
• Develop basic tools for cultural adjustment
Complementary competence (bachelor’s studies), Generic studies
Contact days before exchange:
First contact is full day (9-16) either 5.11. in Leppävaara OR 8.11. in Tikkurila. Second contact is only morning (9-12) on 12.11. in Leppävaara.