Professional Development in Practice 4. SH00BT00-3002 01.08.2023-31.12.2023 13 credits(SHG222KA)+-
Learning outcomes of the course
The student is able to
- assess the need for care and services of patients in different life stages and situations and to support their functional capacity and resources
- plan, implement and evaluate nursing care of patients at different life stages (child, young person, older person, a pregnant woman and a woman who has given birth, vulnerable clients) using evidence-based information and recommendations
- apply client-oriented working methods to identify factors that increase vulnerability and improve client’s inclusion
- assess and develop their interaction skills and care relationship with different client groups in demanding client and interaction situations
- implement and assess safe medication treatment, taking the special characteristics of the patient into consideration
- assess the patient's needs from the perspective of sexual and reproductive health and to address related issues with the patient
- analyse and assess service paths for paediatric patients, families, elderly and patients with disabilities and propose solutions to improve the efficiency of care and support
- assess the success of multiprofessional cooperation and use it for the benefit of the patients and their significant others
Prerequisites and co-requisites
The student has actively participated in the study unit "Medication Treatment and Medication Calculations 4." and has passed the medication calculations prior to the clinical practice placement starts.
Theme: Evidence-based decision-making on clinical nursing in nursing of different age groups and vulnerable clients.
LbD assignment during placement: Evidence-based nursing
- auditing task/forming a clinical research question (e.g. PICO/PICoa/PCC)
- searching for research data, critical assessment and comparison of nursing practices, summarising conclusions and oral presentation in the practice environment.