80% Face-to-face, 20% Distance learning
Learning materials in Optima.
The study unit will contain work on the following themes:
- Intercultural communication and communication styles
- Communication strategies in spoken and written communication
- Building rapport in interpersonal communication
- Communicating effectively and persuasively in presentations, meetings and negotiations
- The use of style and register in spoken and written texts
- Orientation in academic and professional writing
- Review of common business terms
The final grade is based on the following:
- Vocabulary test 20%, 1 ECTS
- Spoken communication 40%, 2 ECTS
- Written communication 40%, 2 ECTS
All parts must be passed in order to complete the study unit.
More detailed assessment criteria are given in the Optima workspace.
28.08.2018 - 14.12.2018
14.05.2018 - 31.05.2018
Laurea Leppävaara, service
MEA2 Degree Programme in Restaurant Entrepreneurship, Laurea Leppävaara
By agreement with the lecturer.
Development of intercultural competences is integrated into the study unit.
5 credits = 135 hours of student work
Approximately 30 hours in class and 105 of independent study
Leppävaara campus, weekly contact sessions