- Study material in Canvas - Related material: * Bailey, S. 2011. Academic writing: a handbook for international students. 3rd edition. London: Routledge. * Björk, L. & Räisänen, C. 1997. Academic writing. 2nd edition. Lund: Studentliteratur. * McLean, S. 2010. Business English for Success. Arlington, Virginia: Saylor Academy.
- The course is conducted as an online implementation through Canvas work space (no set lectures).
- The study method is independent study (written assignments & process writing) and teacher's individual feedback.
- The work space will be accessible by the beginning of the course (at the latest one week before the course starts).
- The study unit belongs to proficiency level II in complementary language courses at Laurea University of Applied Sciences.
- The evaluation is carried out on a scale from 0 (HYL) to 5 and is based on the Common European Framwork of Reference for Languages (the course is targeted at level C1).
- The evaluation principles of the course are published in Canvas work space.
01.05.2021 - 31.08.2021
05.04.2021 - 11.04.2021
30 - 40
Laurea Leppävaara, liko
- Prerequisites: students should be at least at level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Laurea täydentävä osaaminen, amk-tutkinto (TOY2), Yhteiset opinnot
Laurea Virtual Campus
- The study unit is carried out in spring 2021 (between May and August).
- The participants will be informed on practical arrangements in the beginning of the course.
- Total workload: approximately 135 hours
- Online studying through Canvas according to the set deadlines.
- The important dates and assignments to be submitted will be informed in Canvas.