80% Face-to-face, 20% Distance learning
Part 1: -Family Violence and Nursing Practice, Second Edition: Janice Humphreys & Jacquelyn C Campbell ( Ebook via Libguides) https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/laurea/detail.action?docID=592904 -Children and Young People's Nursing at a Glance by Alan Glasper, Jim Richardson, Jane Coad, and Jane Coad ( Ebook via Libguides) https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/laurea/detail.action?docID=1813816 -Oxford Handbook of Children's and Young People's Nursing by Edward Alan Glasper, Gillian McEwing, and Jim Richardson ( Ebook via Libguides) https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/laurea/detail.action?docID=975519 Part 2: Act on Supporting the Functional Capacity of the Older Population and on Social and Health Services for Older Persons. 980/2012. Available: https://www.finlex.fi/en/laki/kaannokset/2012/en20120980?search%5Btype%5D=pika&search%5Bkieli%5D%5B0%5D=en&search%5Bpika%5D=980%2F2012. EBM Guidelines. 2018 (updated 2019). Clinical assessment of memory impairment. EBM Guidelines. 2018. Treatment of a patient with memory disease. EBM Guidelines. 2018. Memory complaints, mild cognitive impairment and dementia. EBM Guidelines. Risk factors for and prevention of memory disorders. EBM Guidelines. Reviewing an elderly patient's medications (soveltuvin osin). EBM guidelines. Nutritional disorders in the elderly. Ferraro, K. & Wilmoth, J. 2013. Gerontology: Perspectives and Issues (4th Edition). Springer Publishing Company. Available: http://site.ebrary.com/lib/jypoly/detail.action?docID=106870 Fimea 2018. Medication of elderly and Meds 75+ database. Available: https://www.fimea.fi/web/en/for_public/medication-of-the-elderly. Hutchison, L. C. 2015. Fundamentals of Geriatric Pharmacotherapy. ASHP. (Chapters 3-6.) Available at ProQuest Ebook Central. Nurses collegiality guidelines. Available: https://www.nurses.fi/nursing_and_nurse_education_in_f/collegiality/. Kwon, S. 2016. Gerontechnology: Research, practice, and principles in the field of technology and aging. New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company, LLC. E-book available.
The orientation will be held on 17.8.2021. The study unit includes 2 YleSH exams (Nursing Skills Practice test and Gerontological theory test).
Part 1: FAMILY NURSING 6 cr
Part 2: ADULT AND ELDERLY CARE 4 cr
Both parts include: activating and participatory contact teaching, case work, workshop and simulations, online assignments and flipped learning, team learning.
SCHEDULE CHANGES ARE STILL POSSIBLE!
More detailed evaluation criteria are announced and reviewed in the Orientation. Absence practices and replacements are discussed at the beginning of the studies
Part 1 (K5-T1, Fail)
- Written Learning assignment Fail-K5 (group assignment).
- Workshops: Accepted/Fail (Compulsory attendance).
- Medication calculation exam Pass/Fail. Must be completed before placement IV.
- Pediatric online course: Accepted/Redo (individual assignment)
- Gynecology and obstetrics online course: Accepted/Redo (individual assignment)
- YleSH Nursing Skills Practice test Pass/Fail
Part 2 (K5-T1 / Fail)
- Workshops: Accepted/Fail (Compulsory attendance)
- Geriatric online course: Accepted/Redo (individual assignment)
- YleSH Elderly test: T1-K5/Fail
See Laurea's evaluation criteria, difficulty level II: https://laureauas.sharepoint.com/sites/studentEn_studyperformancesandevaluation/Jaetut%20asiakirjat/Assessment%20criteria%20for%20bachelor%20students.pdf
01.08.2021 - 31.12.2021
24.05.2021 - 30.05.2021
20 - 40
Laurea Tikkurila, sote
Sanna Soini, Tikkurila Terveys ope X, Kati Saarinen, Pamela Jokisalo
Compulsory attendance during orientation and active participation is required throughout the course. All workshops are compulsory. Active participation can increase the grade if necessary.
Student can be absent from lectures:
- 2x4h without a replacement in Family Nursing
- 1x4h without a replacement in Adult and elderly care
Degree Programme in Nursing (SNV), Laurea Tikkurila
Module IV studies Orientation 16.8.2021
Part 1. FAMILY NURSING 6 op
- Medication calculations 9.9.2021 at 14.15 - 15.45
- Pediatrics written learning assignment 12.11.2021
- Pediatrics online test I 31.8.2021, II 22.9.2021 and III 17.10.2021
- Gynecology and obstetrics online test I 31.8.2021, II 30.9.2021 ja III 31.10.2021
- YleSH Nursing Skills Practice test 25-26.10.2021
Part 2. ADULT AND ELDERLY CARE 4 op
- Geriatric online test: I 5.9.2021, II 9.10.2021 and III 12.11.2021
- Gerontological theory test (YleSh): 12.10.2021 on Tikkurila Campus
Part 1: FAMILY NURSING 6 op = 162h of students' workload
- Contact lessons
- Online studies
- Independent work
Part 2: ADULT AND ELDERLY CARE 4 op = 108h of students' workload
- Contact lessons 20 h
- Workshops 16h
- Theory test 1h
- Independent work 71h
Part 1. FAMILY NURSING 6 cr (Teachers Salla Kivelä & Kati Saarinen)
- Family and child nursing
- Normal physical and socio-emotional development of the child
- Pediatrics and childcare
- Pediatric medication and pain management
- Child Protection and Welfare
- Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Women's health
Part 2. ADULT AND ELDERLY CARE 4 cr (Teacher Sanna Soini)
- Wellbeing of working-age adults
- Well-being of the elderly
- Care of clients with memory loss
- Palliative Care