Antonius De Arruda Camara
40% Lähiopetus, 60% Etäopetus
- Material provided by the teacher (Theory slides and Workshop exercises)
- Viope online course (Object-Oriented programming with Java)
- Beginning Java Programming: The Object-Oriented Approach, Baesens Bart, Wiley, 2015 (Ebook)
- Java 2 - Ohjelmoinnin peruskirja, Kosonen Pekka, Docendo, 2008
- Resources available on the internet
- Teacher guided workshops.
- Guidance and coaching in project implementation.
- Self-study using the learning material.
- Application of Object-Oriented programming principles in the implementation of an own application
- Database access with JDBC
- Eclipse IDE
- GUI implementation with Swing and Eclipse WindowBuilder plugin
- Using Github to host the application code and other documentation
Attendance to the workshops (contact sessions) is not compulsory. Therefore it is possible to complete this course 100% remotely
Students will collect points from the following evaluation targets:
- Completing programming exercises on Viope distance learning platform
- Two small intermediate exams
- Individual project, meeting given criteria. Self-evaluation and Peer-evaluation
20.08.2018 - 16.12.2018
14.05.2018 - 14.06.2018
Antonius De Arruda Camara, Meija Lohiniva
This course is targeted to students that want to extend the basic programming skills learned during the first year of studies or want to pursue careers in web/mobile application development. In the web/mobile app development job market, knowledge of Object-Oriented programming techniques is a necessary pre-requisite as many commonly used development frameworks are based on Object-Oriented principles (ex: Android SDK, PHP Symfony, PHP Laravel, Java Spring).
First year Tiko/BIT ICT courses: Fundamentals of programming (any language), Basics of relational databases and SQL
Lectures and course material are in English. Finnish students (Tiko) can return material in Finnish and can communicate with the teacher in Finnish
Laurea täydentävä osaaminen (amk-tutkinto), Tietojenkäsittely ja tietoliikenne (ICT)
Teacher guided workshops (35 hours)
Preparing for exams, completing Viope exercises, implementing an own application (Self-paced, remote work) (100 hours)