- MacKian, S.& Simons, J. 2014. Leading, Managing, Caring: Understanding Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care. Routledge, New York. - Barr, J. & Dowding, L. 2016. Leadership in Health Care. 3rd edition. Sage Publications Ltd, London. - Lectures, articles and other materials provided during the contact lessons.
Teamwork and learning diary
By attending the first lecture, the student confirms his / her participation in the course and will get more information about the course. All materials and links will be provided on Optima.
The course requires attendance and is based on the student's active participation in lessons and commitment to work on the different themes and learning assignments. Based on teamwork, lectures, learning tasks and versatile materials, student returns a learning diary. If there will be more than two absences, student will also have to compensate those by taking an exam.
Active participation in lectures and teamwork. Team assignments are evaluated as Fail 0 - Satisfactory 1-2 - Good 3-4 - Excellent 5. The learning diary can increase the grade by one number.
If there will be more than two absences, student will also have to compensate those by taking an exam! Exam will be evaluated: Fail - Pass.
19.08.2019 - 20.12.2019
13.05.2019 - 26.05.2019
20 - 30
Laurea Tikkurila, sote
Eija Söderlund, Niina Glerean
SNV Degree Programme in Nursing, Laurea Tikkurila
5cr = 135 hours of student´s workload. The student's work includes lectures, teamwork and independent study of the materials provided.
- difference between leadership and management
- coaching style of management
- managerialwork: managing change, identities, the team, partnerships, professional development, safety, quality, ethics
- self leadership
- well-being at a workplace
- Human Resource Management
- leading and managing in the future
- the health and social services reform
Lectures are on campus, see Pakki for timetable.