- MacKian, S.& Simons, J. 2014. Leading, Managing, Caring: Understanding Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care. Routledge, New York. - Barr, J. & Dowding, L. 2016. Leadership in Health Care. 3rd edition. Sage Publications Ltd, London. - Lectures, articles and other materials provided during the contact lessons.
Teamwork and learning portfolio:
By attending the first lecture, the student confirms his / her participation in the course and will get more information about the course. Student teams are also formed in the first lecture. All materials and links will be provided on Optima.
Lessons include both teamwork and lectures. The same teams are working throughout the course: including different on-line tasks / assignments, seminar etc. Teams are getting guidance during lectures. Team members finally returns a learning portfolio, which is a collection of artifacts that provides evidence of a student’s learning over time. Each team member has to be committed to give his/her contribution to the team. This includes active participation in lessons and doing all the assignments given. If there will be more than two absences, student will also have to compensate those by taking an exam.
Active participation in lectures and teamwork. Portfolio: evaluated as Fail 0 - Satisfactory 1-2 - Good 3-4 - Excellent 5.
If there will be more than two absences, student will also have to compensate those by taking an exam! Exam will be evaluated: Fail - Pass.
20.08.2018 - 21.12.2018
14.05.2018 - 31.05.2018
20 - 40
Laurea Tikkurila, sote
SNV Degree Programme in Nursing, Laurea Tikkurila
5cr = 135 hours of student´s workload. The student's work includes lectures, teamwork and independent study of the materials provided.
- difference between leadership and management
- coaching style of management
- managerialwork: managing change, identities, the team, partnerships, professional development, safety, quality, ethics
- self leadership
- well-being at a workplace
- Human Resource Management
- leading and managing in the future
- the health and social services reform
Lectures are on on campus